Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Artificial Sweethearts | Review

34389398Title: Artificial Sweethearts
Author: Julie Hammerle
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Release Date: July 10, 2017
Series: North Pole, Minnesota #2

It's not chemistry between Tinka Foster and Sam Anderson that made them agree to fake date. With her parents trying to set her up with an annoying student golf coach, and intentionally single Sam's family pressuring him to bring a date to his brother's wedding, they could both use a drama-free summer.
So it's not his muscular arms and quick wit that makes Tinka suggest they tell everyone they're both taken. Definitely not. And it's not butterflies that make a kiss for appearances during the lake party go on way too long-so long that Sam wishes it were real.
But Tinka keeps people at arm's length-she's always been second best, even to her parents. And her relationship-for-show could crush everything when she realizes she's done with fake, pretend, and second-best.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains bikinis at the lake, a lot of making out in dark theaters, and a meet-cute you'll read twice.

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

what i liked
  • I'm a sucker for stories with fake boyfriends because it always ends up turning into a romance. I mean, what's not to love?
  • Sam was a total nerd. He was hilarious and I really liked him. I also loved how much he was into movies.
  • I didn't even know that this book was part of a series, which means that you can definitely read this one without reading the first because I did! Each book in the series seems to follow different characters, so it's all good! Just the setting stays the same (I think).
  • Artificial Sweethearts was an incredibly easy read. I mean sure, you get to see what dark things the characters have been through, but for the most part, it's a fluffy contemporary.
  • I really felt for Tinka. She just left for boarding school for the year only to return and find out that her entire house was sold and now she's been uprooted from Minneapolis to North Pole, Minnesota. It's all very different for her. Even her parents have completely changed!! I recently just got back from my first year of college so I understand what it's like, though the changes that I had to figure out weren't as drastic.

what i disliked
  • The only thing I disliked was the name Tinka, which is more of a personal thing. At one point, it was said that it was a nickname for the name Christina, but I don't understand why or how??
 

4 comments:

  1. This sounds really cute!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and I like the whole fake boyfriend plot line as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam was a precious cupcake and I adored him. I sort of loved his family to shreds too. They weren't perfect, but there was a lot of love in that house. And here's to great endings. I always love when the authors give me good closure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds sooo adorable! I'm a sucker for cute contemporaries and summer is the perfect time for them. Great review!
    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!