Saturday, July 15, 2017

What Goes Up

31450696Title: What Goes Up
Author: Katie Kennedy
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Release Date: July 18, 2017
Source: Publisher for Review

Action-packed and wildly funny, this near-future sci-fi features three teens on an inter-dimensional mission to save the world. 
Rosa and Eddie are among hundreds of teens applying to NASA's mysterious Multi-World Agency. After rounds of crazy-competitive testing they are appointed to Team 3, along with an alternate, just in case Eddie screws up (as everyone expects he will). What they don't expect is that aliens will arrive from another dimension, and look just like us. And no one could even imagine that Team 3 would be the only hope of saving our world from their Earth-destroying plans. The teens steal the spacecraft (it would be great if they knew how to fly it) and head to Earth2, where the aliens' world and people are just like ours. With a few notable exceptions.
There, the teens will find more than their alternate selves: they'll face existential questions and high-stakes adventure, with comedy that's out of this world.

**Thank you so much to the publisher for allowing me to read this in exchange for an honest review!**

I decided to try out a bullet review!
  • After reading and loving Kennedy's last novel, I knew for sure that this one was a book that I had to get my hands on. 
  • There is a whole lot of humor in Kennedy's writing style, especially in this book with the scientists.
  • This book starts out with a competition, and Rosa and Eddie are of course chosen. Then it turns into an awesome adventure right from there. 
  • Did I mention I loved Rosa and Eddie? Because I seriously did.
  • Of course the book also involves NASA, which I'm always really interested in. So that was a huge perk. 
  • While saying all of that, I'm definitely going to read more books by Kennedy in the future. Her writing just sucks me in and makes me laugh the whole time, even if it involves a mission to save the world!



2 comments:

  1. I'm reading this right now!! I really liked her first book too-- I'm not even a very sciencey person (I mean, I got a D in physics), but for some reason the way she writes these books makes it interesting??? It's something different and I'm into it. Glad you liked this too Krystianna!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so cool! I hadn't heard of this one before now and haven't read anything else by this author but your review has piqued my interest! I especially like the cover!

    Awesome review!

    Ashtyn @ Wonderland’s Reader!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! (: Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I read each and every one!